JOB SUMMARY: The Teacher’s Aide will provide assistance to childcare teachers in the center. This position assists the teacher with classroom activities related to weekly activities and assists in maintaining a safe, stimulating, and nurturing learning environment. The Teacher’s Aide also is responsible for ensuring constant supervision of children in the classroom. This position is located in our Children’s First Early Learning Center which is a full-day therapeutic education and care program for children 6 weeks and older, or until they start kindergarten.
- $1,000 hiring bonus after 3 months of employment!
- $15.00 or more per hour
- Generous paid time off
- 10 paid holidays each year
- Strong emphasis on employee self-care and work-life balance
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Agency sponsored retirement savings plan
- Assist in maintaining a safe, stimulating, and nurturing learning environment to provide all children with a positive experience.
- Assist in daily cleaning responsibilities; i.e. clean and disinfect toys and tables.
- Instruct children in proper use of materials.
- Assist with meal times, toileting and diaper changes.
- Observe and supervise children during free play activities, snack and nap time.
- Assist children in resolving conflicts to meet their developmental needs.
- Assist teacher in implementing daily lesson plans, material preparation and clean up for/from activities.
- Assist and guide children in completing activities and projects.
- Must love children and have a desire to learn more about their developmental needs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and meet the high level of physical movement needed to care for young children.
- Knowledge of health and safety precautions, sanitation/cleaning techniques, and emergency response.
- Skills in managing and guiding children’s behavior.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse population, parents, children, and other professionals.
- Good customer service skills.
The Family Partnership has a mandated vaccination policy implemented for all employees, subject to reasonable accommodation required by law.
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: For more than 140 years, The Family Partnership has built strong families, vital communities, and better futures for children. We fulfill our mission through counseling, education, and advocacy, primarily in the greater Minneapolis and St. Paul area.
We Believe: Families, no matter what their form, are the foundation of strong communities.
Our Purpose Is To: Clear the path for family success.
We Pursue This By:
- Championing the two-generation approach
- Preventing and overcoming adverse childhood experiences
- Demonstrating leadership in thought and action
- Building partnerships based on trust.
Diversity and open expression are fundamental to the work of The Family Partnership. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment where everyone can belong. Every member of our team enriches our work by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in our sector: individuals who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQI+ and gender fluid or gender nonconforming, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, people of any age or family status. We encourage you to apply even if you feel like you don't fit 100% of the technical requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, disability, marital status, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or a protected veteran’s status.
Our organization has a partnership with Metropolitan Alliance of Connected Communities (MACC) to provide administrative services including management of the recruiting process. If you apply for this position, you may see references to MACC in some online materials.
The Family Partnership participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. See E-Verify’s official poster at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf.