Imagine yourself here. Be a part of something great at Science Museum of Minnesota.
The Science Museum of Minnesota knows that the diversity in our communities generates better ideas, inspires creativity, and is essential to building a positive workplace. As an employer of choice, we hire and retain the best employees by valuing differences, creating a collaborative work environment, and providing promotional and career development opportunities. Read our Statement on Equity and Inclusion.
Join our Visitor Relations team as a Visitor Experience Facilitator. Visit Team Associates will deliver high-quality customer service in the Exhibit Galleries, Explore Store, Lobby, Omnitheater, and Call Center. Associates will exceed visitor expectations through superior hospitality services and executing on tactics to deliver experiences that invite wonder, discovery, and celebrate science.
Work Environment: Onsite at the museum. Ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to a commitment to creating an exceptional visitor experience. Be the primary point of contact, represent the museum in a professional and knowledgeable fashion to identify and assess customers’ needs.
- Support diversity initiatives across the organization. Contribute to a museum environment, and people, that reflect and respond to the diverse needs and cultures of our community (internal and external).
- Maintain and administer established, accurate, and secure cash controls, support cash and sales reporting in an accurate and timely manner in the Box Office, Call Center, and Explore Store.
- Guide customers throughout the sales process, including booking reservations, camps, and classes, and fulfilling ticket orders, describing and selling products and memberships, while providing exceptional customer service to help sales drive our mission.
- Anticipate, respond to, and follow through on unexpected situations as they arise, make empowered decisions to create a unique experience for all visitors.
- Learn and stay current on the content of all museum exhibits, films, special exhibits, museum policies, emergency procedures, programs, and events to answer questions and create a memorable experience.
- Actively engage visitors by interpreting exhibits to create a fun and educational environment.
- Help innovate and achieve world-class visitor engagement through the support of museum initiatives and projects including but not limited to database management.
- Engage and collaborate with volunteers to enrich museum content and visitor experience.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Customer service experience.
- High School Diploma / GED or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with databases, (POS) point of sales systems, or ticketing software.
- Cultural competency and experience working with diverse communities.
- Willingness to be open and respectful of all backgrounds.
- Certification in facilitation methods valued but not required.
- Fluency in language(s) other than English valued (Hmong, Somali, Spanish).
Hiring Pay Range: $14.00 USD or more per hour / Depending on Qualifications.
The job duties describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this position and is not an exhaustive list. For some positions, detailed procedures may be outlined in supplemental documents.
We exist to turn on the science and inspire learning, inform policy and improve lives. We envision a world in which all people have the power to use science to make lives better. We value science as an essential literacy and strive for inclusion inside and out so that our museum and our people reflect and respond to the diverse needs and cultures of our community. It is the museum’s policy and practice to hire and promote qualified job seekers from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. We offer benefit packages for full-time and part-time employees.