Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Ticket Office Associate. This is a part-time 10 to 20-hour per week position with Tuesday through Friday office hours between 10:30am to 3:30pm. This position requires someone who is detail-oriented, collaborative and customer focused, and who has the ability to positively contribute to an anti-racist/anti-bias organization. Applicants for this role should have robust problem-solving, communication, and time management skills.
CTC is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and justice in our organization and our community, and thus we seek a broad spectrum of employees. We strongly encourage and welcome applicants who are Black, Indigenous or People of Color, as well as those who are from other underrepresented communities.
Led by Artistic Director Peter C Brosius and Managing Director Kim Motes, Children's Theatre Company (CTC) is the nation’s leading theatre for multigenerational audiences and is one of the 20 largest producing theatres in the United States. A winner of the Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre, CTC creates extraordinary theatre experiences that educate, challenge and inspire young people. It has set standards of excellence in the quality of its productions, commitment to new work, and innovative education and community partnerships.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
CTC is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. CTC is committed to a future where our theatre is a home for all people, all families, and is truly reflective of our community. We are also committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CTC prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.
CTC Ticket Office Associates provide excellent customer service to CTC patrons and process single ticket, subscription, and Theatre Arts Training class orders and exchanges over the telephone, through the mail, and at the ticket office. This is a great fit for someone who enjoys making conversation, solving problems for others and who can retain a lot of information about a large product catalog. Please note this is currently a remote position; CTC will provide you with a laptop, headset, and mouse.
This position reports to the Ticket Operations Manager.
Ticket Office Duties
• Answer ticket office phone lines and help patrons remotely
• Process single ticket, season ticket, student matinee payments, and Theatre Arts Training orders by phone, mail or in person
• Provide support for exchanges and other issues related to existing orders
• Occasional outbound calling to subscribers
• Maintain knowledge of and provide information on all performances, classes, camps, and subscription options as requested by patrons
• Provide our patrons with a positive experience, from phone call to showtime
• Complete necessary daily data entry and project fulfillment as assigned
• Accurately process all forms of payment for orders, including occasional cash transactions
• Represent Children’s Theatre Company at both internal and external events as requested
• Attend trainings and meetings as required
• Provide additional ticket office and marketing support as required
Collaborate with all staff in the furtherance of CTC’s goal of being an anti-racist/anti-bias theatre that works towards Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
• Encourage and empower everyone to speak out against racist and/or biased workplace practices and policies
• Positively contribute to the ACT One platform, creating a future where our theatre is a home for all people, all families, reflective of our community
The starting pay for this part-time position is $14.25 per hour. Benefits include sick and safe leave and the ability to contribute to a 403(b)-retirement savings plan.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Andrew Robertson, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include the name of the position(s) to which you are applying in the subject line of the email.