JOB SUMMARY: The Teacher’s Aide will provide assistance to child care teachers in the center. This position assists the teacher with classroom activities related to weekly activities and assists in maintaining a safe, stimulating, and nurturing learning environment. The Teacher’s Aide/Assistant also is responsible for ensuring constant supervision of children in the classroom. The Four Directions Family Center is dedicated to providing culturally responsive early child care and preschool education of toddlers 16 months to children 11 years of age. The center is committed to the revitalization of the Dakota and Ojibway languages. We work with our partner Wicoie Nandagikendan to provide language immersion and culturally responsive early childhood education.
- $1000 hiring bonus after 3 months of employment!
- $14.25 per hour
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance and participation in the agency-sponsored retirement savings plan
- Assist in maintaining a safe, stimulating, and nurturing learning environment to provide all children with a positive experience.
- Assist in daily cleaning responsibilities; i.e. clean and disinfect toys and tables.
- Instruct children in proper use of materials.
- Assist with meal times, toileting and diaper changes.
- Observe and supervise children during free play activities, snack and nap time.
- Assist children in resolving conflicts to meet the developmental needs of children.
- Assist teacher in implementing daily lesson plans, material preparation and clean up for/from activities.
- Assist and guide children in completing activities and projects.
Education and Experience:
- Meet the qualifications for Assistant Teacher's as stated in Minnesota Department of Children Families and Learning, Rule 3
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Six months of experience working in a childcare setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of child development from 6 weeks - 12 years.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and meet the high level of physical movement needed to care for young children.
- Knowledge of health and safety precautions, sanitation/cleaning techniques, and emergency response.
- Skills in managing and guiding children’s behavior.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse population, parents, children, and other professionals.
- Good customer service skills.
- Knowledge of first aide/CPR desired.
- Ability to work respectfully and communicate effectively with different cultures, groups, and languages.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid MN Drivers’ License, access to reliable transportation, and the ability to meet TFP’s driving record requirements.
The Family Partnership requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation required by law.
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: For more than 140 years, The Family Partnership has built strong families, vital communities, and better futures for children. We fulfill our mission through counseling, education, and advocacy, primarily in the greater Minneapolis and St. Paul area.
We Believe: Families, no matter what their form, are the foundation of strong communities.
Our Purpose Is To: Clear the path for family success.
We Pursue This By:
- Championing the two-generation approach
- Preventing and overcoming adverse childhood experiences
- Demonstrating leadership in thought and action
- Building partnerships based on trust.
To apply, go to The Family Partnership Job Board through our online applicant tracking system.
Diversity and open expression are fundamental to the work of The Family Partnership. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment where everyone can belong. Every member of our team enriches our work by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in our sector: individuals who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQI+ and gender fluid or gender nonconforming, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, people of any age or family status. We encourage you to apply even if you feel like you don't fit 100% of the technical requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, disability, marital status, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or a protected veteran’s status.
Our organization has a partnership with Metropolitan Alliance of Connected Communities (MACC) to provide administrative services including management of the recruiting process. If you apply for this position, you may see references to MACC in some online materials.
The Family Partnership participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. See E-Verify’s official poster here.