- Associate's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in the area of environment, sustainability or outreach.
- Proven public speaking and presentation experience.
- Ability to communicate orally, electronically, and in writing with people from all cultures and backgrounds in order to achieve the city's strategic objectives for racial equity.
- Must be able to work independently, manage multiple tasks, be detail-oriented, meet deadlines, retain confidentiality, and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with the general public, city staff, elected officials, other agencies, school districts, vendors, contractors, and others.
- Ability to physically and mentally complete all aspects of the position.