To supervise the work of lifeguard staff at a specific location and monitor a beach or pool area, including enforcing rules and regulations, communicating with patrons and the Aquatic supervisory team, providing first aid, and preventing and responding to emergencies; and perform related duties as assigned.**PLEASE NOTE: The next lifeguard training class will take place on March 20th – 22nd and April 3rd - 5th. Please complete your application today for this great summer opportunity!**
Ramsey County Parks and Recreation is hiring lifeguards for Battle Creek Waterworks Aquatic Center and six Beaches. Lifeguards play an interactive role in patrolling our pool and beaches, enforcing rules and regulations, providing first aid, opening/closing facilities, providing light facility maintenance, and preventing and responding to emergencies.
The Waterworks season will begin on June 6 - August 23, 2020.
The Beach season will begin on June 6 - August 16, 2020.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace.
- Supervise and schedule the work of lifeguard staff at a specific location, facility maintenance and patron relations.
- Ensure all facility, staff, and equipment needs are met and/or communicated with the Aquatics supervisory team.
- Maintain and confirm documentation of facility maintenance, equipment conditions, incident reports, and performance is done properly and in a timely fashion.
- Monitor the public beach or pool to oversee activities and respond to emergencies both inside and outside of the beach or pool area.
- Prevent and respond to water emergencies and injuries.
- Provide first aid, including CPR, and notify other emergency personnel as necessary.
- Inhibit inappropriate and dangerous behavior by informing guests of the facility rules and by involving enforcement personnel if necessary.
- Conduct daily inspections of the beach or pool area to ensure the facility is safe and in an operational condition.
- Delegate and assist in the cleaning of the guard room, public bathrooms, and the beach or pool area by picking up garbage, mopping, sweeping, and raking.
- Assist beach, park, and/or pool guests with questions, problems, or other concerns.
- Perform routine inspections of equipment and supplies to ensure that there is an adequate inventory of supplies and that equipment is in good operating condition.