Join our STEM Education team as a Registration and Sales Coordinator. This role is the first point-of-contact for education programing by fielding incoming calls and e-mails while providing excellent customer service. The position also administratively supports the department by handing purchase orders, event coordination, travel expenses, and program scheduling through database research and management. The position maintains working relationships with museum staff and thrives collaboratively in a team-based environment.
Work Environment: Team-based, collaborative office setting.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates in a clear professional fashion to collect information, scheduling resources, and coordinate payments.
- Cultivates a working knowledge of education programs to support the museums' mission of science-based learning and engagement.
- Maintains and updates frequently used ticketing, scheduling, and accounting database systems while coordinating wit IT and other departments.
- Provides necessary training of database systems as needed to new staff
- Serves as super-users for scheduling and ticketing database systems for the department to champion efficiency and new processes.
- Supports internal operations by processing purchase orders, travel expenditures, and invoicing.
- Generates reports on sales, programming, and customer data while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrates a high level of organization, independence, and critical thinking while facilitating and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Composes, writes and edit reports and documents with appropriate grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, clarity, and creativity.
- Champions STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) education and equity through substantive learning to build cultural, economic and educational consciousness to promote inclusion and impartiality.
- Coordinates event setup for outreach and onsite programming, efficiently scheduling and tracking resources.
- Provides event support for any development training at the museum and other locations
- Delivers curriculum materials to schools as requested.
- Executes routine administrative duties such as scanning, copying, printing and mailing as assigned or requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative support and/or customer service role.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Cultural competency and experience working with diverse communities.
- Willingness to be open and respectful of all backgrounds.
- Fluency in language(s) other than English valued (Hmong, Somali, Spanish).
Hiring Pay Range: $15.75 - 16.00+ hourly / Depending on Qualifications.
The job duties describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this position and is not an exhaustive list. For some positions, detailed procedures may be outlined in supplemental documents.