o Takes referrals for potential wish kids and imports data of wish child information into database accurately.
o Successfully manages and processes medical paperwork to medical professionals.
o Evaluates eligibility in accordance with national and local policies.
o Follows-up with medical professionals on paperwork and/or eligibility questions.
o Creates and maintains all electronic wish files.
o Makes initial phone calls to families to discuss next steps in the process.
o Processes and tracks wish granting paperwork.
o Works with and supports wish granting volunteers to prepare for initial visits with families.
o Schedules, coordinates, and acts as staff lead at initial visits with families (virtually).
o Coordinates wish token distribution to families.
o Communicates local and national policies and guidelines to wish granters.
o Acts as liaison between wish granters, wish families and the organization during the initial wish granting process.
o Fosters established medical professional relationships.
o Coordinates wish child memorial gifts.
o Ensures confidentiality of referral sources and wish families.
o Represents Make-A-Wish Minnesota responsibly and professionally.
o Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience working in a hospital setting and/or with medical professionals.
• Knowledge of child development; childhood illnesses and treatment.
• Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce experience desired.
• Bi-lingual Fluent (Spanish, Somali, Arabic or Hmong).
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office tools.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit good judgment.
• Demonstrates patience and understanding.
• Ability to work with a variety of constituents (internal and external) in a professional and efficient manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Self-motivated, creative problem-solving team player.
• Ability to take initiative, be innovative and work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Ability to manage concurrent projects, set priorities, and follow through on both long-term and short-term projects, and meet deadlines.
• Procedural and process improvement minded.
• Ability to respond to last-minute requests.
• Displays a willingness to acquire new skills and take on new projects.
Make-A-Wish Minnesota provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.