Primary Objective of Position:
This is a temporary position estimated to start November 2021 and last up to 5 months.
Provide quality manual labor and operate equipment in all areas of the department, focusing on the public works division. May work with heavy equipment and other types of equipment to perform various functions as necessary. Respond to after hour emergencies and essential tasks as needed in all areas of maintenance. Exhibit the behavioral values of quality, responsive, and collaboration in all work performed internally and externally. Preferred that candidates possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s Licenses with minimum requirement to possess a Class B Commercial Driver’s Licenses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform daily maintenance and operate all equipment in a proficient manner as it relates to a variety of maintenance and repair to public streets, alleys, sidewalks, trails, and right-of-way infrastructure including, but not limited to:
2. May be assigned to assist the traffic division in a variety of maintenance and repair services on traffic signals, street signs and street lighting, including but not limited to:
- Snow and ice removal (plowing, blowing, shoveling).
- Bituminous repair, crack sealing and patching.
- Concrete repair and replacement.
- Infrastructure repairs
- Hauling of materials.
3. Perform a variety of daily maintenance ensuring the continuous operation of assigned equipment, report equipment problems to appropriate staff minimizing equipment downtime and notify supervisor of equipment parts requiring procurement.
- Striping of roadways, parking lots and crosswalks.
- Fabrication and installation of street and information signs.
- Installation of less complex light systems.
- Traffic control
4. May be assigned to assist with duties in utilities, park maintenance, and/or facilities maintenance divisions.
5. Understand and attend to the needs of the public through cultural competency that best helps achieve the city’s strategic objective for racial equity.
6. Maintain a safe working environment at all times promoting the safety of the employees, co-workers, and the general public.
7. May be required to function as crew lead on short term projects as assigned.
8. Required to carry the “On Call” operations phone for the duration of 7 days on a rotating schedule assigned by the manager and respond to after hour emergencies when notified.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.