Provide quality manual labor and operate equipment in all areas of the department, focusing on the public works division. May work with heavy equipment and other types of equipment to perform various functions as necessary. Respond to after hour emergencies and essential tasks as needed in all areas of maintenance. Exhibit the behavioral values of quality, responsive, and collaboration in all work performed internally and externally. Must possess and maintain valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License. There are two vacancies. One is a regular position, the other is a one year maximum sunset position to fill in for an employee on an extended leave.
• High school degree or equivalent.
• Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s license with tanker and air brake endorsements, or
ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with asphalt maintenance duties including
mill/overlay, paving, patching, crack sealing, and sealcoating of asphalt pavement.
• Experience operating trucks and machinery similar to those used in paving and/or plowing.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with people from all cultures and
• Demonstrated cultural competence and comfort with supporting the city’s strategic
objectives for racial equity.
• Ability to read, follow, and understand written policies, procedures, manuals, chemical
information, etc. as needed to perform essential job functions.
• Ability to independently and safely carry out tasks, duties and responsibilities assigned.
• Ability to understand and follow safety/OSHA regulations.
• Ability to physically perform essential functions and requirements of the position, including
the ability to operate equipment/tools needed, and work in an outdoors and indoor
environment year-round, working in extreme temperatures for extended lengths of time.
• Ability to work a varied schedule including overnights and weekends as assigned.