Join our STEM Education team as a Program Presenter and work independently and with other team members to create an efficient and positive learning environment for participants ages 4-13 attending Science Museum Birthday Parties while also providing excellent customer service to any parents and adults in attendance
Work Environment & Schedule: Weekends only (Saturday and Sunday). Work both indoors in classroom settings and outdoors in all climate types, surrounded by more than 25+ children. Occasional bending, lifting, pushing, or pulling (at least 25 lbs.).
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as onsite contact and leader for Birthday Parties hosted at the museum; ensure goals and objectives for participation are being met.
- Organize and supervise (STEM) science, technology, engineering, and math related recreational activities and large group interactions.
- Monitor program participants to ensure they are actively engaged and grasping curricular concepts; proactively assist participants with activities; and recommend curricular changes to Program Specialist or Manager when appropriate.
- Encourage participants' engagement and enthusiasm in program activities. Model behavior expectations and help create a positive learning environment. Use appropriate strategies when working with learners with special needs and from diverse backgrounds.
- Attend to the emotional needs of program participants, and communicate any issues to the Program Specialist or Manager. Advocate for participants who need extra assistance or accommodations. Anticipate issues when possible and apply behavior intervention strategies where appropriate.
- Troubleshoot and handle any health, accident, or discipline problems or questions; serve as lead and first point of contact with internal partners, such as Lifelong Learning staff, Visitor Relations Security (VRS), and food service catering to ensure positive outcomes for all. Work in collaboration with VRS and/or Lifelong Learning staff to complete any necessary reports or communications.
- Contribute to the general upkeep of the program spaces and materials in set-up, organization, and maintenance of classroom spaces.
- Understand and keep current on all safety and emergency procedures through established annual training. Follow and model all policies and procedures to ensure all safety precautions are adhered to; ensure program participants do the same.
- Broaden and strengthen knowledge and application of behavior management techniques and group leadership dynamics within the goals of the programs.
- Support new team members by providing direction and coaching on appropriate program procedures and customer service.
- Ability to speak, write and convey information effectively.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of age appropriate content and pedagogy for preschool, school age, and family audiences
- Demonstrated aptitude for creativity, curiosity, passion, enthusiasm, integrity, and a strong professional ethic.
- Documented experience facilitating informal/formal learning experiences for a range of youth audiences.
- Documented ability to contribute in educational team settings.
- Documented experience working directly with stakeholders or parents.
Hiring Range: $11.50 - 13.00+ hourly / Depending on Qualifications.
The job duties describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this position and is not an exhaustive list. For some positions, detailed procedures may be outlined in supplemental documents.