Do you want a rewarding, benefits-eligible position with flexible daytime scheduling where you can make a difference in the community by providing high quality, evidence-based pediatric Speech-Language evaluation and treatment at a stable non-profit organization? The Family Partnership is seeking a part-time pediatric Speech-Language Therapist to provide high-quality, evidence-based pediatric Speech-Language evaluation and treatment for 2-6 year old clients. Therapy services will be provided at The Family Partnership’s Minneapolis preschool site and in the context of PICA Head Start classrooms in the North-West metro area.
- $1000 hiring bonus after 3 months of employment!
- $26 - $30 per hour
- 22.5+ hours per week; ability to grow to 37.5 hours in the near future
- Flexible scheduling; Monday-Friday, mostly mornings
- No evening or weekend hours
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Agency sponsored retirement plan
- Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Value of quality over quantity of service delivery
- Strong emphasis on employee self-care and work-life balance
- Select, administer, score, interpret and document appropriate standardized pediatric assessments for Speech, Language and Feeding concerns.
- Provide quality, evidence-based speech therapy services within ASHA and The Family Partnership standards
- Document plans of care and daily progress in a timely and suitable manner in accordance with ASHA, DHS and MDH guidelines.
- Manage and maintain physician orders to keep all clients current
- Submit daily billing and progress notes through the EMR system
- Consult and collaborate with inter-disciplinary staff and parents
- Discharge clients when they exit the program or meet maximal therapeutic potential
Education and Experience:
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
- 2 years of pediatric experience preferred, or demonstrably equivalent knowledge gained through alternative courses of study and life experience.
- CFY is acceptable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable working with at-risk clients, clients who have experienced trauma, clients from diverse cultures/ethnicities and clients from non-English speaking households.
- Current CPR/First aid certified (preferred)
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid MN Drivers’ License, access to reliable transportation, and the ability to meet TFP’s driving record requirements.
- Department of Human Services certification (required)
- ASHA certification (preferred)
The Family Partnership requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation required by law.
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: For more than 140 years, The Family Partnership has built strong families, vital communities, and better futures for children. We fulfill our mission through counseling, education, and advocacy, primarily in the greater Minneapolis and St. Paul area.
We Believe: Families, no matter what their form, are the foundation of strong communities.
Our Purpose Is To: Clear the path for family success.
We Pursue This By:
- Championing the two-generation approach
- Preventing and overcoming adverse childhood experiences
- Demonstrating leadership in thought and action
- Building partnerships based on trust.
To apply, go to The Family Partnership and send a resume and cover letter through our online applicant tracking system.
Diversity and open expression are fundamental to the work of The Family Partnership Team. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment where everyone can belong. Every member of our team enriches our work by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in our sector: individuals who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQI+ and gender fluid or gender nonconforming, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, people of any age or family status. We encourage you to apply even if you feel like you don't fit 100% of the technical requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, disability, marital status, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or a protected veteran’s status.
Our organization has a partnership with Metropolitan Alliance of Connected Communities (MACC) to provide administrative services including management of the recruiting process. If you apply for this position, you may see references to MACC in some online materials.
The Family Partnership participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. The Family Partnership can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.