Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Payroll and Benefits Administrator. This is a full-time position with Monday through Friday office hours. This position requires someone who is skilled at creating and/or managing administrative processes, and who can be adaptable in managing a variety of tasks in a timely manner. Applicants for this role should have a strong customer service orientation, robust communication skills and familiarity with accounting procedures, payroll processing and/or benefit administration.
CTC is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and justice in our organization and our community, and thus we seek a broad spectrum of employees. We strongly encourage and welcome applicants who are Black, Indigenous or People or Color, as well as those who are from other underrepresented communities.
Led by Artistic Director Peter C Brosius and Managing Director Kim Motes, Children's Theatre Company is the nation’s leading theatre for multigenerational audiences and is one of the 20 largest producing theatres in the United States. A winner of the Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre, CTC creates extraordinary theatre experiences that educate, challenge and inspire young people. It has set standards of excellence in the quality of its productions, commitment to new work, and innovative education and community partnerships.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT:
CTC is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. CTC is committed to a future where our theatre is a home for all people, all families, and is truly reflective of our community. We are also committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CTC prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.
The Payroll and Benefits Administrator is responsible for the coordination and administration of payroll and on-boarding and off-boarding procedures, employee benefits, unemployment benefits, COBRA, and ACA documentation according to the procedures and policies of CTC and various government and private agencies. This position is also responsible for the administration and financial reconciliation of employee benefits, and for reconciling and reporting employee union dues. Such administration includes information verification, data entry, account reconciliation, report generation, and problem-solving as needed.
Bi-weekly Payroll Processing:
• Review online payroll and payroll deduction request notices for completeness and enter into payroll application. Maintain on-going records of said notices
• Receive and verify accuracy of payroll documents from department heads
• Verify accuracy of timesheet hourly and dollar amount totals, add data required for Union CBAs, FLMA, etc.
• Verify all time off requests have been approved by supervisor
• Verify accuracy of electronic timesheets and make sure all have been approved by supervisor
• Generate payroll preview for directors’ review (Finance, Production, Artistic)
• Review and verify accuracy of payroll preview for processing
• Transmit file electronically via HRIS/Payroll software system
• Maintain and file payroll source documents (timesheets, payroll notices, etc.)
• Verify data entry accuracy of those reported on the labor distribution against the source documents (paper and electronic) and perform any account transfers that may be required
• File checks in paycheck box for employees to retrieve on pay day
• Review online On-Boarding Notices for completeness and either process or route to HR Director when applicable. Maintain on-going records of said notices
• Administer background checks for all staff, volunteers, interns and creative team members
• Route new hire technical support orders to IT staff
• Coordinate/administer new hire paperwork sessions and create new hire paperwork file
• Perform new hire set-up in HRIS
• Provide training and on-going support for staff using the HRIS software
• Produce accrual balances and benefits termination, last check amount data, etc. for employee termination documentation and communication
• Process final check (s) per days worked, vacation pay-out, etc. per conditions of termination
• Perform benefits terminations per contract rules
• Generate COBRA event via third-party administrator
• Route termination information to IT
• Employee Benefits Administration (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 403b Retirement). Receive and verify enrollment and/or change forms. Process enrollments per carrier guidelines. Maintain employee enrollment records.
• Update and maintain employee benefits deductions in the HRIS. Maintain employee deduction records per fiscal year.
• Worker’s Compensation Insurance Administration. Act as primary back-up to HR Director in filing worker’s compensation claims. This includes receiving and verify completeness of Accident Investigation Form, transferring information to fill-in PDF First Report of Injury Form, and submitting form to insurance company, when needed.
• Liability Insurance Administration. Administer motor vehicle records screening and maintain list of CTC authorized drivers.
• Unemployment Administration. Receive and verify unemployment compensation claim notification. Manage notification requests from UIMN and provide information as requested. Participate in hearings as required. Maintain quarterly benefits payments records.
• COBRA Administration. Primarily outsourced by third party administrator. Initial order must be generated through the third party’s system and payments reconciled with accounting.
• Maintain compliance with Affordable Care Act (ACA) legislation, which includes monitoring staff eligibility, maintaining accurate records for employee qualification periods, enrollment status, etc.
• Prepare reports on union dues collected (IATSE, TCMU, AFME, Actors Equity) and reconcile with General Ledger print-outs. Generate and assemble documentation for payment by Accounting
• Assist Accounting Associate with reconciliation of benefits invoices (medical, dental, vision, life, and flexible spending accounts) with General Ledger and prepare documentation for payment by Accounting. Maintain a fiscal year record of benefits/deductions
• Produce 403b reports for company contributions to retirement accounts. Maintain fiscal year records of employee and employer contributions
• Conduct Workers Compensation Audit, working with auditors through process
• Prepare and file OSHA Report
• Prepare and file EEO-1 Report
• Produce any reports required during benefit renewal process
• Participate in renewal process and administer the paperwork and procedures to initiate the new plan year
• Prepare and administer annual employee open enrollment, which includes scheduling and conducting meetings, supporting staff through enrollment process, verifying/maintaining record of enrollment documents, and processing all enrollments for the new plan year
• Produce reports to reconcile fiscal year end vacation hours reset and enter results into payroll database
• Review, process and manage the distribution of W-2 and 1094/1095 tax forms
• Produce reports required for annual increases and enter new rates into payroll database and maintain documentation for annual audit record-keeping
• Support annual audit by retrieving payroll documentation as needed for test procedures and producing reports as needed
• Produce any miscellaneous reports from payroll database as the need arises from government and private agencies, CTC Management, or CTC staff
• Assist Production Manager with IATSE CBA-defined benefits guidelines (bi-annual review of PTR status, updates to IATSE sick pool, rate updates, accrual audit reports, etc.)
• Supply information in response to questions, comments, problems, etc. as required by employees, government agencies, and banks regarding all of the above
• Verify employment information for landlords, government agencies, mortgage companies, prospective employers, etc.
• Produce manual company checks for payroll advances and to cover errors in payroll processing as required
• Attend relevant staff meetings/trainings/events
• Additional duties as assigned
Starting salary range for this full-time position is between $44,000 and $46,000. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; vacation and sick leave; nine paid holidays; and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Andrew Robertson, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the position(s) to which you are applying in the subject line of the email.