This posting will be used to hire a permanent, full-time, Parks and Recreation Aide 2 for several areas within the Ramsey County Parks and Recreation department. During the summer (April - September), this position will work at Goodrich Golf Course and the work schedule will be 6:30 am to 3:00 pm, Monday - Friday. During winter operations (October - March), the aforementioned work schedule will change to include nights and weekends and the location will be at Vadnais Sports Center.
The basic function of this position is to assist maintenance and operations staff and/or other building staff located at Parks and Recreation facilities (such as the Golf Courses, Ice Arenas, Nature Center, and Parks) by answering telephones, cleaning buildings, removing trash, raking, shoveling, mowing, trimming, selling and collecting tickets, and performing related duties as assigned. Parks and Recreation Aide 2 assume greater responsibilities on a daily basis and are held more accountable than a Parks and Recreation Aide 1.
If an internal candidate is selected, salary will be set in accordance with the personnel rules (i.e. promotion, transfer, or voluntary reduction).
To view or print a copy of the complete Ramsey County job (class) description for this job, go to: Job Descriptions. Once at this page, you can browse the alphabetical list or search for a job description.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Answer telephone calls and respond to public inquiries concerning County facilities.
- Sell tickets, collects fees, and accounts for money received.
- Answer questions from golfers, arena users, and nature center and park patrons.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, and vacuum floors in parks and recreation facilities.
- Cut and trim grass using hand operated equipment and power mowers.
- Dispose of trash and trim trees.
- Assist in minor building and service equipment repairs or with special projects, as assigned.
- Change cups on greens, move tee markers, and rake sand bunkers.
- Complete touch-up painting on signs, equipment, and buildings.
- Lay sod, and repair turf damage and/or apply fertilizer and pesticides (if qualified and assigned).
- Monitor building during rentals and/or events including the opening and closing of the building.
- Shovel and blow snow.
- Operate scoreboards, PA systems, and/or other electronic systems or devices.
- Sharpen skates and collect tickets for skate rental.
- Assist in changing blades on ice making machines.
- Operate ice edgers and ice resurfacing equipment.
- Patrol designated areas as assigned, report disturbances and assist patrons as necessary.
- Conduct user surveys.
- Drive company vehicle as assigned.