ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: For more than 140 years, The Family Partnership has built strong families, vital communities, and better futures for children. We fulfill our mission through counseling, education, and advocacy, primarily in the greater Minneapolis and St. Paul area.
We Believe: Families, no matter what their form, are the foundation of strong communities.
Our Purpose Is To: Clear the path for family success.
We Pursue This By:
- Championing the two-generation approach
- Preventing and overcoming adverse childhood experiences
- Demonstrating leadership in thought and action
- Building partnerships based on trust.
JOB SUMMARY: The Outpatient and School Linked Therapist will provide therapy to a wide range of ages and clients as well as to preschool children and their families at TFP clinical offices and multiple early childhood settings throughout Hennepin County. This position will practice independently and provide professional, confidential, individual and family psychotherapy services to help clients address issues including emotional/behavioral problems, environmental conditions and social/financial difficulties.
· $1000 hiring bonus after 3 months of employment!
· $47,000 - 53,000 annual salary
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Strong emphasis on employee self-care and work-life balance
· Medical, dental, and vision benefits
· Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
· Agency sponsored retirement plan
· Generous paid time off
- Evaluate clients to determine appropriateness for Agency services.
- Assessment of client needs and development of appropriate treatment plans.
- Provide training and consultation to school staff around mental health issues.
- Work with community collateral contacts as needed.
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Refer, advocate for, and follow up with clients in need of additional community support and services.
- Provide services based upon treatment plan utilizing individual, couple, group, family counseling, etc., strategies.
- Provide crisis intervention services for ongoing clients and non-clients in emergency situations.
- Model team membership through professional disclosure of case services for supervision and consultation.
- Coordinate with PICA Headstart staff on client care and service delivery in a professional manner.
- Coordinate, develop, create, and/or modify programs as assigned.
- Monitor client fees and insurance information.
- Keep client reports and records up
Education and Experience: Masters degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology or a related field from an accredited school, including clinical course work and a clinical practicum.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with and understanding low-income communities, communities of color, GLBT community and other oppressed and/or vulnerable populations.
- Ability and interest in working with individuals, children, groups and/or family treatment modalities.
- Understanding of quality assurance and business aspects of mental health service.
- Ability to conduct psychosocial assessments, develop treatment plans, provide effective psychotherapy with a wide range of clients.
- Ability to use a computer for word processing and e-mail; working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook
- Bi lingual with the ability to conduct therapy in English and Spanish.
Licenses and Certifications: Valid MN Drivers’ License, access to reliable transportation, and the ability to meet TFP’s driving record requirements.
The Family Partnership requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation required by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, disability, marital status, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or a protected veteran’s status. We value the contributions of a diverse workforce, and we welcome and encourage applications from all underrepresented groups.
Our organization has a partnership with Metropolitan Alliance of Connected Communities (MACC) to provide administrative services including management of the recruiting process. If you apply for this position, you may see references to MACC in some online materials. You may also be contacted by a MACC employee to conduct or schedule an interview.