Coordinate and assist in planning and implementing policies and programs intended to manage, preserve and enhance the city’s natural resources. Responsible for administering environmental and natural resources programs in the areas of development, public education, pest/wildlife management, natural resources and forestry.
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental or natural resource science or a related field.
• Three years progressively responsible experience in a related position.
• MN Tree Inspector Certification
• Valid driver’s license.
• Computer proficiency.
• Experience in writing reports, grants, RFP’s, managing contracts and reviewing proposals.
• Ability to work effectively with people from all cultures and backgrounds.
• Demonstrated cultural competence and comfort with supporting the city’s strategic
objectives for advancing racial equity.