Our client is looking for a self-reflective, analytic, dedicated, critically-conscious, and passionate content expert who wants to join a dynamic founding middle school team as a teacher and advisor. This teacher will create our school’s foundational culture around historical investigation and the social sciences. This teacher understands the nuances of literacy in the social sciences and supports students in critical reading and writing. If you believe in the importance of looking to the past to learn and grow from and you are committed to supporting students in interrogating the narratives absent from historical discourse on the development of our societies, this position is for you.
To join this fast-growing team, you should have knowledge of or experience in:
- unit & lesson planning as well as student-centered and engaging content delivery methods;
- adolescent development, developmentally-appropriate support structures, and relationship building;
- building community and relationships with a diverse group of students in academic and non-academic settings;
- designing learning opportunities that meet the varied needs of students with an IEP, 504, or English Learner status
- learning and implementing anti-racist practices, including recognizing how identity and bias impact teaching;
- effective and equitable engagement and classroom culture-building strategies, including restorative practices.
Be able and willing to
- communicate and collaborate with colleagues, students, and families;
- actively contribute to the school and role-based teams;
- serve as an advisor, supporting a small group of students to build relationships and achieve their goals;
- hold students consistently accountable to academic and behavioral expectations;
- drive instructional decisions through regular use of data and communication;
- reflect on instructional practice with a critical lens, challenging bias and assumptions in teaching;
- give thoughtful feedback to peers and leadership to help improve the program and maximize outcomes;
- implement feedback from coach and colleagues in a spirit of continuous improvement;
- elevate the belief that all students have strengths and gifts to share as well as growth areas to be honed.
- 3+ years of teaching experience
- MN Teaching License or a current valid out-of-state teaching license
- Bilingualism in Spanish, Hmong, or Somali
A note on teacher licensure:
Our Client believes that there are many non-traditional qualifications that lead to being an effective educator besides licensure. Our Client will do their best to work with candidates not yet licensed in Minnesota to ensure our students have the most qualified teachers.
STARTING PAY RATE: $50,000+ annually / Depending on Qualifications.
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be required.
Bavarde Talent Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors, and will not be discriminated against any bias.