Do you love the City of Brooklyn Park and are looking for a flexible job that works around your schedule? Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Community Activity Center (CAC) opens bright and early in the morning until midnight, 7-days a week. Work anywhere from 15-19 hours a week in a dynamic recreation center equipped with multiple skating rinks and racquetball courts and assist with daily operations, building maintenance and grounds/flower upkeep.
Application Deadline: This job posting will be open until filled. If you have interest in this position, it is highly recommended that you apply as soon as possible upon seeing the job posting. This is a non-benefited position.
NOTE: The eligible list created from this exam may be used to fill Maintenance V positions as they become available in other departments within the City.
Minimum and Desired Qualifications
- Operate ice re-surfacing machine
- Sharpen skates for customers
- Perform general cleaning as well as general maintenance of facility and grounds maintenance
- Set-up and tear-down of rooms for facility events and activities
- Prepare racquetball courts for use
- Enforce safety rules and regulations that ensures the facility operates in a safe manner
Must be a high school graduate or the equivalent
18 years of age or older
Licenses and Certifications
Valid driver's license
An equivalent combination of education and experience closely related to the duties of the position MAY be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to solve problems according to established policy and procedure
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to relate and work effectively with people from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to provide a level of customer service that meets/exceeds customer expectations
- Embrace and engage in cultural shift toward Continuous Improvement
- Previous experience operating small equipment
- Previous park and/or building maintenance experience
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications
- Previous maintenance work experience
- Previous cleaning/janitorial work experience
- Previous experience working with people from various cultural, socioeconomic, racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Fluency in Spanish, Hmong, Russian, Somali or Vietnamese language(s)