To monitor a beach or pool area, enforce rules and regulations, provide first aid, prevent and respond to emergencies, and perform other duties as assigned.
**PLEASE NOTE: The next lifeguard training class will take place on March 20th – 22nd and April 3rd - 5th. Please complete your application today for this great summer opportunity!**
Ramsey County Parks and Recreation is hiring lifeguards for Battle Creek Waterworks Aquatic Center and six Beaches. Lifeguards play an interactive role in patrolling our pool and beaches, enforcing rules and regulations, providing first aid, opening/closing facilities, providing light facility maintenance, and preventing and responding to emergencies.
The Waterworks season will begin on June 6 - August 23, 2020.
The Beach season will begin on June 6 - August 16, 2020.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Monitor public beach or pool to oversee activities and respond to emergencies.
- Prevent and respond to water emergencies and injuries.
- Provide first aid, CPR, oxygen or defibrillation and notifications to other emergency personnel as necessary.
- Respond to inappropriate and dangerous behaviors by informing guest of the facility rules and coordinating with enforcement personnel when necessary.
- Conduct daily inspections of the beach or pool area to ensure that the facility is in a safe and usable condition.
- Clean the guard room, public bathrooms, and the beach or pool area by picking up garbage, mopping, sweeping, and raking and other duties as assigned.
- Assist beach, park and pool guests with questions, problems, or other concerns.