Primary Objective of Position:
Instruct ice skating lessons at indoor facility for youth and adults in city recreation program. This position is responsible for teaching, demonstrating beginning and advanced basics and freestyle ice skating.
This position is part-time, non-benefit earning, working less than 20 hours/week.
Work schedule requires availability Monday evenings (approximately 6-8:45 pm), Saturday mornings (approximately 8-10:15 am) and Sunday evenings (approximately 3:45-6:45 pm). Hours may fluctuate and vary depending on the season.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct ice skating lessons.
- Assist Head Skating Instructor or other higher level instructors in the evaluation of students.
- Oversee the work of assistant instructors in class.
- Answer questions from parents, students and other staff.
- Attend scheduled programs consistently.
- Serve as role model and mentor for program participants.
- Perform special duties as assigned including choreography and assistance with skating shows, exhibitions and test sessions.