• Currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program or taking post-secondary courses for graphic design.
• Basic knowledge of fundamental design elements and principles including typography, layout, balance and design.
• Understanding of differing aspects of print, social media and web resolution/layout.
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision.
• Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with staff, the general public, and outside agencies.
• Ability to communicate clearly in verbal, written and electronic communications with people from all cultures and backgrounds in order to achieve the city’s strategic objectives for racial equity.