Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Front of House Associate. This is a part-time 10 to 20-hour per week position with a variable schedule. This position requires someone who is detail-oriented, collaborative and customer focused, and who has the ability to positively contribute to an anti-racist/anti-bias organization. Applicants for this role should have robust problem-solving, communication, and critical thinking skills.
CTC is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and justice in our organization and our community, and thus we seek a broad spectrum of employees. We strongly encourage and welcome applicants who are Black, Indigenous or People of Color, as well as those who are from other underrepresented communities.
Led by Artistic Director Peter C Brosius and Managing Director Kim Motes, Children's Theatre Company (CTC) is the nation’s leading theatre for multigenerational audiences and is one of the 20 largest producing theatres in the United States. A winner of the Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre, CTC creates extraordinary theatre experiences that educate, challenge and inspire young people. It has set standards of excellence in the quality of its productions, commitment to new work, and innovative education and community partnerships.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
CTC is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. CTC is committed to a future where our theatre is a home for all people, all families, and is truly reflective of our community. We are also committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CTC prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.
The Front of House Associates provide excellent customer service and assist the rest of Front of House staff in ensuring that productions and events are safe, entertaining, and efficiently run. Front of House Associates duties include scanning tickets, assisting patrons with seating and wayfinding and running concessions.
This position reports to the Patron Experience Manager.
• Assist in making sure the lobby, theatre, and concession stand are set up before patrons arrive
• Provide friendly service to patrons as they arrive, tear/scan tickets, help patrons find their seats, direct them to restrooms, answer questions about the theatre and shows, help with late seating, and watch the house for any general issue that arise before and during the performance
• Work assigned concessions lanes and gift shop prior to the show, during intermission and post show in a quick and efficient manor while making accurate transactions using the Square sales system
• Assist in making sure that the patrons all leave the theatre safely post performance
• Help clean the theatre and restock concessions and gift shop for the next performance
• Represent Children’s Theatre Company at both internal and external events as requested
• Attend trainings and meetings as required
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Patron Experience Manager and/or Performance Supervisor
• Project the brand image of CTC through actions and behaviors at events and at the theatre
Collaborate with all staff in the furtherance of CTC’s goal of being an anti-racist/anti-bias theatre that works towards Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
• Encourage and empower everyone to speak out against racist and/or biased workplace practices and policies
• Positively contribute to the ACT One platform, creating a future where our theatre is a home for all people, all families, reflective of our community
The starting pay for this part-time position is $14.25 per hour. Benefits include sick and safe leave and the ability to contribute to a 403(b)-retirement savings plan.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Andrew Robertson, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include the name of the position(s) to which you are applying in the subject line of the email.