Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners’ mission is to engage the heart and will of the community to respond to emergency needs and create opportunities for all to thrive. Interfaith Outreach is a human service nonprofit that ignites the power of community to provide urgent and strengthening services in eight Twin Cities western suburbs so families can live their best lives, children can succeed, and the entire region can prosper and shine. Serving the west Hennepin communities of Hamel, Long Lake, Medicine Lake, Medina, Minnetonka Beach, Orono, Plymouth and Wayzata since 1979. For more information, visit iocp.org.
Interfaith Outreach is looking for highly qualified candidates for our Front Desk Services Coordinator position (full-time, benefit eligible).
The Front Desk Services Coordinator supports a welcoming and positive experience for the community – with a focus on our client community – as they come into the Interfaith Outreach building. This position staffs the front desk, works to support a team of volunteers, and ensures efficient operations that respond to the needs that visitors bring to the building.
The Interfaith Outreach work environment is client centered, values driven, team oriented, fast paced, diverse, and focused on learning and professional development. We have a strong internal culture of collaboration and team support, as well as a deep commitment across staff to mission.
Core Areas of Responsibility Include:
FRONT DESK OPERATIONS
- Manage and staff the front desk during business hours
- Welcome clients, volunteers, donors, partners and other community members to our building
- Answer phones, respond to emails, send and receive faxes
- Schedule new client intakes and computer lab appointments
- Support food shelf intake functions
- Assist clients in updating required documents
- Respond to the needs of walk-in clients
- Health screen visitors to the building
- Manage client-facing email account
- Collaborate with program and agency staff to ensure that hospitality services support program needs
- Actively problem solve around operational challenges
- Respond to the emotional needs of clients in the hospitality area
- Ensure an effective and professional-looking workspace
- Maintain updated reference materials and program information
- Support client-centered special programs
- Support donors with donations and documentation
- Manage and supervise hospitality volunteer team (front desk and food shelf intake)
- Oversee volunteer scheduling
- Onboard and orient new volunteers including new volunteer training and assignments
- Create training materials including videos, written documents and hands-on experience
- Provide regular and timely support for volunteers including: Begin each shift with volunteer check-in, be available for coaching, create weekly written volunteer updates, facilitate monthly hospitality volunteer meetings, introduce ongoing volunteer learning opportunities in topics connected to Interfaith’s work
- Implement volunteer/staff shared training and team-building
- Support the organization’s efforts to include volunteers in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) work
- Work with volunteers to ensure culturally competent, inclusive hospitality services
OVERALL LEADERSHIP AND DIRECTION
- Develop and nurture a hospitality service delivery model that is in alignment with organizational values
- Evaluate hospitality operations regularly and identify new and changing volunteer needs
- Develop and implement strategies to strengthen processes as needed, centering client voice and needs
- Participate in and contribute to staff training and development activities
Schedule Requirements: 40 hours/wk, which will include 1-2 evenings per week and occasional Saturday day hours
Required Qualifications Include:
- Associate’s degree and 1-2 years of reception, hospitality or office management experience
- Experience supervising staff or volunteers
- Experience in a human services role
- Experience working with racially, culturally and economically diverse populations
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Exceptional computer and technology skills
- Ability to creatively problem solve and complete complex tasks
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Interfaith Outreach
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual in English and Somali, Spanish or Russian
- Experience in office management
To be successful as a staff person at Interfaith Outreach, the ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics and traits:
- A deep commitment and passion to Interfaith Outreach’s mission and work
- A generator of new ideas and approaches while honoring the organization’s rich history
- A versatile person who can work successfully in a broad array of organizational settings
- Demonstrated cultural competence with a focus on equity and inclusion
- Highly skilled at communication and collaboration
- Able to work effectively with volunteers
- Strong advocate for people living in poverty and social justice work
- Creative with the ability to think out of the box
- Approachable and a good listener
- An authentic leader who serves as a role model to staff, student interns and fellow colleagues with a transparent approach; ability to earn esteem and confidence of the leadership team
Compensation: $42,427 - $46,893 annually. We offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are considered as submissions arrive. Position open until filled.
Interfaith Outreach values a diverse work environment.
People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interfaith Outreach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.