Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners’ mission is to engage the heart and will of the community to respond to emergency needs and create opportunities for all to thrive. Interfaith Outreach is a human service nonprofit that ignites the power of community to provide urgent and strengthening services in eight Twin Cities western suburbs so families can live their best lives, children can succeed, and the entire region can prosper and shine. Serving the west Hennepin County communities of Hamel, Long Lake, Medicine Lake, Medina, Minnetonka Beach, Orono, Plymouth and Wayzata since 1979. For more information, visit iocp.org.
Interfaith Outreach is looking for highly qualified candidates for our Financial Services Coordinator position (full-time, benefit eligible). This position works within the Case Management team to respond to requests for emergency financial assistance, walks with families through our internal program process and connects them to related resources in the community. This position supports financial literacy through information and education, assesses needs and makes internal referrals.
The Interfaith Outreach work environment is client centered, values driven, team oriented, fast paced, diverse, and focused on learning and professional development. We have a strong internal culture of collaboration and team support, as well as a deep commitment across staff to mission.
Core Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Financial Assistance and Support
- Receive client requests for financial assistance and support clients in completing their applications
- Connect clients to all available sources of financial assistance in the community
- Work with clients to complete required tasks such as household budgets and collecting documentation
- Manage varied processes required by multiple funding streams and interpret those for clients
- Provide resources and education on financial literacy including budgeting, financial management, credit counseling resources, etc.
- Ensure thorough and accurate client data entered to Client Track
- Assess client needs
- Provide information, referrals and connections to resources
- Make internal referrals to case management, employment services, other as appropriate
- Case Management (CM)Team Support
- Conduct new client Intakes as needed
- Support on-call function as needed and as directed by CM staff
- Support on-site programs as assigned
- Provide assistance and support to hospitality volunteers
- Program Team Support
- Participate in program development and evaluation efforts
- Participate in team meetings, trainings, projects and events
- Support team building efforts with agency staff and volunteers
Schedule Requirements: Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, 1-2 evenings per week.
Required Qualifications Include:
· AA degree in related field
· Exceptional computer skills
· 1 year of experience working in a human services setting
· Understanding of the needs and experiences of families with low incomes
· Familiarity with the Case Management process
· Understanding of the role of equity and inclusion in a human services setting and an ability to work effectively in a diverse setting
· Ability to maintain a steady, calm approach to work during busy times
· Good de-escalation skills
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to maintain professional boundaries
· Ability to excel in a team environment
· Commitment to the mission and vision of Interfaith Outreach
· BA in related field of study
- Case Management experience
- Experience supporting the work of volunteers
- Bilingual in English and Somali, Spanish or Russian
To be successful as a staff person at Interfaith Outreach, the ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics and traits:
- A deep commitment and passion to Interfaith Outreach’s mission and work
- A generator of new ideas and approaches while honoring the organization’s rich history
- A versatile person who can work successfully in a broad array of organizational settings
- Demonstrated cultural competence with a focus on equity and inclusion
- Highly skilled at communication and collaboration
- Able to work effectively with volunteers
- Strong advocate for people living in poverty and social justice work
- Creative with the ability to think out of the box
- Approachable and a good listener
- An authentic leader who serves as a role model to staff, student interns and fellow colleagues with a transparent approach; ability to earn esteem and confidence of the leadership team
Compensation starts at $18.75 per hour, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are considered as submissions arrive. Position open until filled.
Interfaith Outreach values a diverse work environment.
People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interfaith Outreach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.