Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners’ mission is to engage the heart and will of the community to respond to emergency needs and create opportunities for all to thrive. Interfaith Outreach is a human service nonprofit that ignites the power of community to provide urgent and strengthening services in eight Twin Cities western suburbs so families can live their best lives, children can succeed and the entire region can prosper and shine. Serving the west Hennepin communities of Hamel, Long Lake, Medicine Lake, Medina, Minnetonka Beach, Orono, Plymouth and Wayzata since 1979. For more information, visit iocp.org.
Interfaith Outreach is looking for highly qualified candidates for our Events Manager position (full-time, benefit eligible). The Events Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for generating funds through fundraising and stewardship events to support the mission of Interfaith Outreach.
The Interfaith Outreach work environment is client centered, values driven, team oriented, fast paced, diverse and focused on learning and professional development. We have a strong internal culture of collaboration and team support and a deep commitment across staff to mission.
Core Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Develop and implement fundraising event strategy
- Plan and manage successful design and implementation of major events
- Key manager and volunteer liaison for Interfaith Outreach fundraising events
- Work closely with staff of the Advancement team (Development, Marketing/Communications, and Community Engagement) to support the revenue goals of the organization
- Work with the Communications Department on the messaging, design and printing of materials for events including invitations, information cards, handouts, certificates, bid sheets, auction item descriptions, etc., as needed
- With support from Information Systems Manager/Analyst and Development Associate, manage event-related functions (including online auctions, fundraising pages, online event ticket sales, online event registrations, queries and reports) in the Raiser’s Edge Events Module and other online event solutions
- Work with the Annual Giving Officer, attract and manage corporate sponsorships for all events and campaigns, including oversight of the fulfillment of benefits and pledged gifts
- Work with Director of Individual Giving and Information Systems Manager/Analyst to provide an ROI analysis of fundraising events
- Welcome and support volunteers throughout the organization; acts as a resource for volunteers
- Support Interfaith Outreach’s mission, vision, values and commitment to diversity
Schedule Requirements: 40 hours; occasional evening and weekend responsibilities
Required Qualifications Include:
- Three to five years of experience managing major fundraising events
- Demonstrated experience in corporate, external relations, or events management
- Outstanding attention to detail and project management skills
- A high-energy person with a broad range of skills, including: superior interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional problem-solving
- Ability to organize and lead volunteer groups in a focused, responsive and effective manner
- Skills with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Basic understanding of relational databases
- Ability to work independently under pressure and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to anticipate organizational needs, recommend and help implement appropriate action in a self-directed manner
- Must have access to reliable transportation and be willing to travel between work sites
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge a plus
To be successful as a staff person at Interfaith Outreach, the ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics and traits:
- A deep commitment and passion to Interfaith Outreach’s mission and work
- A generator of new ideas and approaches while honoring the organization’s rich history
- A versatile person who can work successfully in a broad array of organizational settings
- Demonstrated cultural competence with a focus on equity and inclusion
- Highly skilled at communication and collaboration
- Able to work effectively with volunteers
- Strong advocate for people living in poverty and social justice work
- Creative with the ability to think out of the box
- Approachable and a good listener
- An authentic leader who serves as a role model to staff, student interns and fellow colleagues with a transparent approach; ability to earn esteem and confidence of the leadership team
Compensation: $50,000 - $55,000 annually. We offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are considered as submissions arrive. Position open until filled.
Interfaith Outreach values a diverse work environment.
People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interfaith Outreach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.