Make an Impact! Interfaith Outreach is looking for an Employment Counselor to help jobseekers achieve their employment goals. This role is full-time (40 hrs/wk, benefits eligible).
What you will do: The Employment Counselor provides services to help jobseekers create a job search plan, build skills and secure a job that leads to financial stability.
- Develop client employment, skill building and training plans
- Coach clients enrolled in job search and training programs
- Coordinate and deliver workshops related to employment decisions, job search and computer skills
- Support jobseekers in identifying career goals through administering interest and other assessments
- Educate jobseekers on high demand job opportunities and connect them to opportunities when applicable
- Maintain client databases, generate reports, create e-newsletters
- Stay abreast of employment trends , local employer preferences/needs, best practices and current job search strategies
A successful candidate will be someone who is committed to equity and inclusion and will support our on-going process of creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and celebrates the seen and unseen diversity in our community.
Why us? The Interfaith Outreach work environment is client centered, values driven, team oriented, fast paced, diverse, and focused on learning and professional development. We have a strong internal culture of collaboration and team support, and a deep commitment across staff to mission. We work hard together and have fun together through team meals, retreats, and organization-wide activities.
Compensation starts at $43,472 - $48,048. We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, 401(k), holidays, paid time off and salary continuation.
Interfaith Outreach is a human service nonprofit that ignites the power of community to provide urgent and strengthening services in eight Twin Cities western suburbs so families can live their best lives, children can succeed, and the entire region can prosper and shine. For more information, visit iocp.org.
Schedule requirements: This position allows for a hybrid schedule to meet client needs for remote and in-person appointments. A minimum of two days onsite at our facility is required each week. Typical hours are between 8:00am and 5:00pm with at least one day that extends into the early evening. Occasional agency evening and weekend commitments may arise. Must be willing and able to perform essential job functions through in-person, face to face contact as required, in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- A combination of education and work experience as follows:
- Associate Degree + 2 years work experience supporting jobseekers or
- BA/BS in Human Services or related field + 1 year experience supporting jobseekers
- Minimum of 1 year experience in human service non-profit setting
- Knowledge of labor market trends, the job search process & relevant skills (resumes/cover letters, interviewing skills, job search strategies)
- Experience working with clients with diverse racial, economic and education levels; commitment to equity & inclusivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effective interpersonal relation skills
- GCDF credential or willingness to obtain
- Proven networking and partner-building skills
- Experience administering interest inventories ( Strong Interest Inventory, Self-Directed Search, O*Net or others) and familiarity with resulting Holland Code significance
- Intermediate computer skills, including internet, email, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and ability to instruct jobseekers on computer skills; willing & able to learn other software/database applications as needed
- Knowledge of short-term employment training options
- Experience with training/teaching individuals or groups
- Understanding issues faced by low-income, unemployed individuals
- Knowledge of vocational rehabilitation services and resources for jobseekers with disabilities
- Experience with immigrant jobseekers and/or ELL job seekers
- Experience supporting jobseekers with multiple barriers to employment
- Knowledge of basic counseling skills
- Experience with mentor programming or internship and job placement development
- Bi-lingual in English and Somali or Russian
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Candidates are considered as submissions arrive. Positions open until filled.
Interfaith Outreach values a diverse work environment. People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Interfaith Outreach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.