Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners’ mission is to engage the heart and will of the community to respond to emergency needs and create opportunities for all to thrive. Interfaith Outreach is a human service nonprofit that ignites the power of community to provide urgent and strengthening services in eight Twin Cities western suburbs so families can live their best lives, children can succeed, and the entire region can prosper and shine. Serving the west Hennepin communities of Hamel, Long Lake, Medicine Lake, Medina, Minnetonka Beach, Orono, Plymouth and Wayzata since 1979. For more information, visit iocp.org.
Interfaith Outreach is looking for highly qualified candidates for our Donation Receiver position (part-time). The Donation Receiver ensures that we receive and store in-kind donations (e.g. clothing, food, household goods, etc.) in an efficient manner and all in-kind donors have a positive experience interacting with the organization.
The Interfaith Outreach work environment is client centered, values driven, team oriented, fast paced, diverse, and focused on learning and professional development. We have a strong internal culture of collaboration and team support and a deep commitment across staff to mission.
Core Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Staff donation door to receive food shelf and Resale Select store donations.
- Provide excellent customer service to the donor.
- Set up pallets and totes, move pallets as needed to keep product flow running smoothly.
- Monitor outgoing goods to other organizations or vendors. Make sure products are flowing in and out as expected.
- Problem-solve with teammates when flow of product is higher than normal and space is limited.
- Support volunteers in the food shelf and Resale Select.
Schedule Requirements: 22.5 hours per week plus one Saturday per month.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in inventory management or warehouse environment is preferred
- Ability to learn to operate electric pallet jack, manual pallet jack and 2-wheel dolly (training provided, experience not required)
- Ability to lift, push, pull or move boxes and bags of up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently; be self-directed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills; ability to juggle multiple priorities in a timely manner
- Reliable, strong execution and follow through
- Flexible, able to fill in as needed
- Basic experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook
To be successful as a staff person at Interfaith Outreach, the ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics and traits:
- A deep commitment and passion to Interfaith Outreach’s mission and work
- A generator of new ideas and approaches while honoring the organization’s rich history
- A versatile person who can work successfully in a broad array of organizational settings
- Demonstrated cultural competence with a focus on equity and inclusion
- Highly skilled at communication and collaboration
- Able to work effectively with volunteers
- Strong advocate for people living in poverty and social justice work
- Creative with the ability to think out of the box
- Approachable and a good listener
- An authentic leader who serves as a role model to staff, student interns and fellow colleagues with a transparent approach; ability to earn esteem and confidence of the leadership team
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Candidates are considered as submissions arrive. Position open until filled.
Interfaith Outreach values a diverse work environment.
People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interfaith Outreach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.