At Make-A-Wish, we are more than a great place to work — we are an organization that changes lives. Since 1982, Make-A-Wish® Minnesota has granted over 6,000 wishes and developed one of the nation’s most-loved brands. Our work creates hope, strength, and joy for wish kids, their families, and entire communities. With a staff of 20 and more than 450 volunteers throughout the state, Make-A-Wish Minnesota grants a wish every 33 hours.
Make-A-Wish Minnesota relies on the generous support of individuals, corporations, grants, and special events to grant wishes for Minnesota children with critical illnesses statewide. This position is eligible for a generous benefits package including paid time off and a 401k plan. Our office is located in St. Paul, though employees are currently working in a hybrid office use model. Learn more about us at mn.wish.org.
This position manages the overall strategic vision, goals and implementation plans related to digital marketing, print and email communications, public relations, and event promotions for the chapter. This person will work with the assistance of a Marketing Coordinator to directly manage all communications and promotional activities that promote, enhance, and celebrate the organization and its mission to grant wishes.
As a member of the chapter’s external affairs team, the Director of Marketing will be involved in organization-wide growth planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives. This position will work closely with the Senior Manager of Audience Engagement to ensure direct marketing campaigns coordinate with chapter-wide communications plans and messaging.
· Lead the development and implementation of a 3-year Marketing & Communications plan. Create an evaluation system with key milestones and opportunities for course correction to ensure ongoing campaigns are meeting their fundraising goals and messaging objectives.
· Initiate, plan, budget and project-manage all marketing and communications efforts throughout the organization.
· Work closely with chapter colleagues to design and implement concurrent, program-specific marketing plans to help each division meet both organizational and project-specific goals.
· Assist chapter staff in ensuring all communications are culturally competent and reach diverse audiences.
· Manage interns and volunteers focused on communications/marketing.
· Oversee commitment to ensuring brand standards, as established by Make-A-Wish America, while promoting local brand and messaging needs.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with marketing partners at Make-A-Wish America.
· Manage all media relations including fielding questions from the media as well as building relationships with the media and other key constituent groups. Arrange press coverage of wish experiences and events and write and distribute press releases with a goal to drive broader awareness and support.
· Provide media training to others in the organization about speaking with the media.
· Supervise marketing staff and oversee essential marketing vendor relationships.
Make-A-Wish Minnesota provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.