Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners’ mission is to engage the heart and will of the community to respond to emergency needs and create opportunities for all to thrive. Interfaith Outreach is a human service nonprofit that ignites the power of community to provide urgent and strengthening services in eight Twin Cities western suburbs so families can live their best lives, children can succeed, and the entire region can prosper and shine. Serving the west Hennepin County communities of Hamel, Long Lake, Medicine Lake, Medina, Minnetonka Beach, Orono, Plymouth and Wayzata since 1979. For more information, visit iocp.org.
The Digital Communications Coordinator works collaboratively to implement Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners’ communications strategy. They coordinate, create and deploy compelling content to build awareness of the mission across all communications channels. Responsible for ecommunications, graphic design, project coordination and must be well versed in the technology needed to complete these tasks. Helps broaden the organization’s influence among key stakeholders.
This position supports fundraising communications including events, campaigns, and other organizational communications needs with a strong emphasis on development and community engagement. Reflects Interfaith Outreach’s mission, vision, values, and commitment to diversity. Welcomes and supports volunteers.
The Interfaith Outreach work environment is client centered, values driven, team oriented, fast paced, diverse and focused on learning and professional development. We have a strong internal culture of collaboration and team support and a deep commitment across staff to mission.
Schedule: 40 hours; benefits eligible; occasional evening and weekend hours
Core Areas of Responsibility
Include: E-mail Communications Administrator
Responsible for executing all fundraising communications e-mails using Blackbaud Luminate Online to design, layout, edit, schedule, and send emails for events, e-newsletters, and campaigns. Serves as the Luminate Online database administrator which includes but is not limited to database security, data integrity, and working with Information Systems & Business Analyst or vendors/consultants.
Editorial Calendar and Media File Management
In partnership with Advancement team, ensures the editorial calendar and associated tasks are managed and deadlines are met. Serves as creative services coordinator creating media assets using Adobe Creative Suite and Canva.com. Promotes fundraising, event and community engagement invitations, flyers, event signage, donor appreciation pieces, and program materials to increase awareness about Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners’ impact areas: family support, food, housing and neighborhoods, education and youth, employment, and transportation.
Website / Online Communications Coordinator
Serves as project coordinator for Interfaith Outreach’s Word Press website. Responsible for website updates, ongoing maintenance, compliance with security and privacy best practices while ensuring brand integrity. Creates and coordinates the use of images and copy across various online channels including Interfaith’s website, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google, Alignable, Nextdoor, Yelp.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Digital Marketing, Graphic Design, or similar
- Minimum of three years of experience in online communications, digital marketing, or similar
- Professional, clear, and effective written and verbal communication skills with people of varying technical knowledge; strong technical aptitude in Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly organized; outstanding attention to detail
- Strong technical aptitude or ability to quickly learn WordPress, Luminate Online, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and prioritize workload while juggling multiple projects to meet project deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
To be successful as a staff person at Interfaith Outreach, the ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics and traits:
- A deep commitment and passion to Interfaith Outreach’s mission and work
- A generator of new ideas and approaches while honoring the organization’s rich history
- A versatile person who can work successfully in a broad array of organizational settings
- Demonstrated cultural competence with a focus on equity and inclusion
- Highly skilled at communication and collaboration
- Able to work effectively with volunteers
- Strong advocate for people living in poverty and social justice work
- Creative with the ability to think out of the box
- Approachable and a good listener
- An authentic leader who serves as a role model to staff, student interns and fellow colleagues with a transparent approach; ability to earn esteem and confidence of the leadership team
Compensation: $46,342 - $50,976 annually. We offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should send a résumé and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are considered as they arrive. Position open until filled.
Interfaith Outreach values a diverse work environment. People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Interfaith Outreach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.