HELP US GROW! Interfaith Outreach is looking for a passionate, full-time Development Officer. This position will identify, cultivate, and solicit individuals, corporations and private foundations who have the potential to make significant gifts to support Interfaith Outreach’s annual campaigns and special events. This is an exciting time to be at Interfaith Outreach – come join us!
- Hybrid work schedule
- Starting Salary Range: $67,000 - $73,700
- Life Insurance
- Nine paid holidays
- Generous PTO (starting at 21 days annually)
- Four weeks of paid leave for employees eligible for parental or medical leave
Interfaith Outreach is a human service nonprofit that strengthens our community by meeting basic needs and equipping families for ongoing stability. Our mission is to build a vibrant community where everyone counts and all sectors and systems work together for the good of all. We embrace diversity and are committed to promoting an inclusive environment across all types of difference. Inclusionary relationships are core to our role as an employer, service provider, partner and community leader. Learn more here: https://iocp.org/about-community-outreach/our-vision/
Our work environment is client centered, values driven, team oriented, fast paced, diverse, and focused on learning and professional development. We have a strong internal culture of collaboration and team support, and a deep commitment across staff to mission. Our team also has fun together! We connect with each other through team lunches, retreats, and organization-wide activities.
- Qualify, solicit, and steward a portfolio of 100+ individual prospects, family foundations and businesses at a giving level of $5,000+.
- Develop and implement short- and long-range fundraising work plans and annual goals in order to increase giving through annual fundraising campaigns, corporate philanthropy, and fundraising event sponsorships.
- Actively cultivate and manage strong relationships with the 100+ portfolio-assigned current and potential donors. Annually assess donor prospect assignments through the moves management process.
- Manage one-off donor engagement and stewardship opportunities/events as needed.
- Ensure donor data including contact information, activities performed from gift officer, and opportunity documentation in CRM is kept up to date.
- In conjunction with the Director of Advancement, set annual cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship action benchmarks within portfolio. Set specific dollar goals for assigned prospects.
- Collaborate with staff, board, and committee members to prioritize outreach strategies to prospective donors.
- Collaborate with development and communication team members on event sponsorship, donor solicitation, and stewardship materials as needed.
- Support and advance Interfaith Outreach’s mission, vision, values and commitment to diversity.
- Demonstrated personal experience successfully soliciting gifts from individuals, family foundations, or corporations and/or transferrable experience, which includes relationship management, creating and presenting proposals, and other fundamental elements of direct fundraising, sales-related management or related experience.
- Demonstration of excellent written and oral communication skills for various channels (print, email, website, and social media).
- Adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethical Fundraising Standards.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule involving attending local events and traveling throughout the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area.
- Strong computer experience and skills in MS Office. Experience in Raiser’s Edge NXT a plus (but not required).
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively both internally and externally.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational experience.
- Valid driver’s license and access to regular, reliable transportation required.
- A commitment to advocating for people living in poverty and social justice work.
This full-time, 4o hour per week position is hybrid with a majority of time working in our offices and a portion of the time working remotely. Regular hours will be during our business hours Monday-Friday. Occasional evening and weekend commitments may arise.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are considered as submissions arrive. Position is open until filled.
Interfaith Outreach values a diverse work environment.
People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interfaith Outreach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.