POSITION AT A GLANCE
Our preferred candidates will have direct customer service experience and the ability to work in fast-paced environment with a team.
This is a seasonal fulltime position scheduled 20 hours a week from Dec 14 to Dec 30, 40 hours a week from Jan to April 15, 2021.
The main office is located near University Avenue West and Highway 280 in St. Paul with public transit options and free parking available.
This position reports to the customer service manager and works directly with the customer service coordinator.
WHY THIS POSITION IS IMPORTANT
Customer service is a team effort at Prepare + Prosper (P+P). The assistant works within the customer service department to provide customer support during the tax season. Typical tasks include scheduling appointments, answering customers’ questions, and describing P+P services. The customer service assistant works closely with other P+P staff to ensure excellent customer service and involves substantial teamwork and collaboration.
P+P works with families and individuals to build financial well-being through providing access to free tax preparation and financial services, products and coaching, and works to change systems to create economic opportunity. Learn more about P+P at prepareandprosper.org/about.
WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT
· You can work calmly and confidently while under pressure in a fast-paced front desk environment interacting with a high volume of calls, voicemails, and in-person visits.
· You are organized and flexible with changing demands such as answering and returning customer calls, scheduling appointments, and assisting office visitors.
· You can clearly communicate in-person, over the phone, and in writing with a diverse range of personality types, English ability, and communication styles.
· You can make customers feel welcomed and valued while interacting with them.
· You can confidently learn new information, such as basic tax terminology (e.g. meaning of filing status, deductions, dependents), with P+P’s provided training.
· You can calm down or deescalate interactions with upset or angry customers with professionalism.
· You are dependable and can establish confidence among your team members.
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
· You have experience in providing customer service.
· You have experience working with an office phone system, such as answering and transferring calls, and placing callers on hold.
· You have experience using calendar programs, such as Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook.
· You have worked in a team that required quick communication with others and an ability to self-direct your work towards shared goals without direct supervision.
· You have demonstrated critical thinking and active listening skills when working with customers, such as verifying customers’ needs and providing solutions when needed.
· You have worked effectively with people from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, especially non-native English speakers. Speakers of Spanish, Somali, Hmong, or other non-English languages spoken in MN are encouraged to apply.
BENEFITS THIS POSITION OFFERS
· Paid sick and safe leave time (SST), accrued at one hour of SST for every 30 hours worked.
· Paid training is provided on basic tax knowledge and P+P’s phone system.
· This position operates primarily in an office environment that is accessible.
· This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
· Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment.
HOW TO APPLY
· Please submit your resume by Monday, November 9, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Customer service assistant”.
· Indicate in your email where you heard of the position opening.
In your email, we encourage you to write about:
· What interests you in working for P+P,
· What you are passionate about, and
· Highlights of your personal and professional background that would help us see you as an outstanding candidate.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
P+P is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws.