Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners’ mission is to engage the heart and will of the community to respond to emergency needs and create opportunities for all to thrive. Interfaith Outreach is a human service nonprofit that ignites the power of community to provide urgent and strengthening services in eight Twin Cities western suburbs so families can live their best lives, children can succeed, and the entire region can prosper and shine. Serving the west Hennepin County communities of Hamel, Long Lake, Medicine Lake, Medina, Minnetonka Beach, Orono, Plymouth and Wayzata since 1979. For more information, visit iocp.org.
Interfaith Outreach is looking for highly qualified candidates for our Case Manager – Housing position (full-time, benefit eligible). The Case Manager – Housing works with Interfaith clients to resolve crises, assess needs, connect to resources, and develop and implement plans to work toward increased stability and achievement of individual goals. An additional focus of this Case Management role is Permanent Supportive Housing – intensive case management provided to families who have experienced long-term homelessness and now live in specific housing units in Plymouth and Medina.
The Interfaith Outreach work environment is client centered, values driven, team oriented, fast paced, diverse, and focused on learning and professional development. We have a strong internal culture of collaboration and team support, as well as a deep commitment across staff to mission.
Core Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Permanent Supportive Housing
- Support the recruitment and screening process of Permanent Supportive Housing clients including collaboration with Hennepin County staff
- Assist families in establishing their new household
- Conduct a thorough needs assessment of client strengths and barriers
- Support clients in developing and implementing a work plan to achieve stability goals, with a special emphasis on those factors that have contributed to homelessness in the past
- Provide connections to resources, access to financial assistance, information and referral, advocacy, counseling, and problem solving assistance in support of housing retention and stability goals
- General case management including completion of initial client intakes, needs assessments, responding to crises, and working with clients to plan and implement interventions
- Employment Services case management
- Data administration
- Program team and agency support including: Participate in program develop and evaluation efforts; represent the agency with identified community networks and organizations; participate in direct services and agency team meetings, trainings and projects; support the social work intern recruitment, training and supervision process; provide general support to hospitality volunteers to further their effort to serve Interfaith clients
Schedule Requirements: This is a 40 hour/week position that includes at least one evening per week.
Required Qualifications Include:
- BSW or BA/BS in related field
- Three years of experience in a social services setting
- Experience providing case management services to individuals and families
- Thorough understanding of the case management process
- Ability to creatively problem solve and complete complex tasks
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse environment and within a team
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a team environment
- MSW and five years of experience providing case management services to individuals and families
- Social Work license
- Experience with Permanent Supportive Housing programs including housing with services or support to individuals/families experiencing homelessness
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, Somali or Russian
- Knowledge of the social service network in west suburban communities
- To be successful as a staff person at Interfaith Outreach, the ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics and traits:
- A deep commitment and passion to Interfaith Outreach’s mission and work
- A generator of new ideas and approaches while honoring the organization’s rich history
- A versatile person who can work successfully in a broad array of organizational settings
- Demonstrated cultural competence with a focus on equity and inclusion
- Highly skilled at communication and collaboration
- Able to work effectively with volunteers
- Strong advocate for people living in poverty and social justice work
- Creative with the ability to think out of the box
- Approachable and a good listener
- An authentic leader who serves as a role model to staff, student interns and fellow colleagues with a transparent approach; ability to earn esteem and confidence of the leadership team
Compensation: $43,472 - $48,048 annually. We offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Candidates are considered as submissions arrive. Position open until filled.
Interfaith Outreach values a diverse work environment.
People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interfaith Outreach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.