Make an Impact! We are passionate about ensuring our youngest kids get a strong start on the path to success and enter Kindergarten ready to succeed. Interfaith Outreach is hiring a Caring for Kids Manager to lead this vital work. This position is full-time 40 hours/week, benefits eligible.
What you will do: Our Caring for Kids program provides access to quality early child care and education programs, parenting resources, and broad wrap-around support services for kids and their families facing barriers to access. The Caring for Kids Manager promotes community-wide investment in early childhood education, provides inspirational leadership and strategic direction to ensure quality services.
- Serve as a liaison and convener of partners that advance early childhood and parent education
- Serve as early childhood public policy liaison and advocate for the agency
- Work with advocacy groups to increase investment in early childhood care and education
- Develop strategic direction and impact goals for the program
- Cultivate partnerships with a network of childcare providers
- Create and manage the budget, track external dollars that support scholarships (CCAP, QPN Scholarships and parent co-pays)
- Work with our Advancement team, partners and staff to identify and pursue sustainable funding and host events
- Lead and support a professional team
A successful candidate will be someone who is committed to equity and inclusion and will support our on-going process of creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and celebrates the seen and unseen diversity in our community.
Why us? The Interfaith Outreach work environment is client centered, values driven, team oriented, fast paced, diverse, and focused on learning and professional development. We have a strong internal culture of collaboration and team support, and a deep commitment across staff to mission. We work hard together and have fun together through team meals, retreats, and organization-wide activities.
Compensation starts at $53,200 - $61,600. We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, 401(k), holidays, paid time off and salary continuation.
Interfaith Outreach is a human service nonprofit that ignites the power of community to provide urgent and strengthening services in eight Twin Cities western suburbs so families can live their best lives, children can succeed, and the entire region can prosper and shine. For more information, visit iocp.org.
Schedule requirements: The position will work primarily onsite at our offices. A portion of the work can be done remotely. Regular hours will be during Interfaith’s business hours M-F. Occasional agency evening and weekend commitments may arise.
- Master’s degree in social work and an LISCW
- Ability to provide social work supervision to staff and interns
- Extensive knowledge of early childhood development and the systems and resources available in the community to support the success of every child
- Solid knowledge of public and private resources for pre-school aged children and their families
- Experience in mental health
- Experience in program development and evaluation
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Exceptional computer skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to maintain and teach professional boundaries
- Ability to creatively problem solve and complete complex tasks
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse environment and within a team
- Demonstrated cultural competence with a focus on inclusion
- Experience in mental health that includes knowledge of the parent/child focus needed to support the mental health needs of young children
- Certified Early Childhood and Family Educator
- Experience building and leading collaborative efforts
- A commitment to advocating for people living in poverty and social justice work
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Candidates are considered as submissions arrive. Positions open until filled.
Interfaith Outreach values a diverse work environment. People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Interfaith Outreach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.