Are you interested in joining a dynamic, evolving organization that clears the path to success for our most vulnerable community members? You will be joining a diverse team of committed professionals that are dedicated to making a difference for families. The Family Partnership is seeking a part-time Bus Driver for our Support Services Team. This position provides safe transportation on a small passenger bus for children ranging from 16 months to 11 years old that are enrolled in our early childcare and preschool education programs. This position works a split shift for three hours in the morning and then 3 hours in the afternoon, to equal approximately six hours a day.
- $1000 hiring bonus after 3 months of employment!
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Agency sponsored retirement savings plan
Agency Transportation Services (main responsibilities)
- Transport children and other passengers to and from school and fieldtrips.
- Maintain a clean and mechanically sound bus at all times.
- Ensure the safety of all children when driving program participants to various metro-area locations while following and enforcing all the Agency's transportation rules and regulations.
- Assist students with getting on and off the bus as needed.
- Perform inspections of the bus before and after each route.
- Ensure program participants are securely fastened in their seats and provide assistance as needed to passengers while transporting them in the agency vehicle.
- Perform all necessary vehicle upkeep and general maintenance.
- Maintain daily communication with Supervisor regarding scheduling, issues, unusual occurrences, and vehicle maintenance.
- Maintain accurate vehicle and transportation records.
Program and Facility Support (as needed)
- Answer phones, take messages, and redirect calls.
- Become knowledgeable of the agency, programs, and staff to provide assistance and information to visitors and clients.
- Make copies, send and receive faxes and process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain an orderly and up-to-date supply inventory.
- Assist with the set-up and clean-up of conference rooms.
- Ensure the building is organized and clean.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have three years of driving experience as a licensed driver (No CDL required).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work a flexible daytime schedule as needed.
- Ability to bend and lift, and assist young children up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be patient and communicate with young children and parents in a way that will make them feel welcome and comfortable, including greeting and interacting with them in a helpful and polite manner.
- Safety conscious and aware of surroundings at all times while driving the agency bus.
- Good hand-eye coordination to operate a bus safely using your arms, legs and vision simultaneously, as well as having good vision and hearing.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus due to the population we serve.
- Ability to be punctual, dependable and manage time effectively.
- Excellent customer service, relationship, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Valid MN Driver’s License, clean driving record, ability to maintain a clean driving record and meet the agency's driving requirements.
- First Aid, CPR, Child Passenger Safety Certified. Training provided to obtain certifications.
The Family Partnership has a mandated vaccination policy implemented for all employees, subject to reasonable accommodation required by law. In addition, The Family Partnership has the following policies in place to protect both staff, clients, and visitors: screening of employees and visitors, handwashing, respiratory etiquette, social distancing, maximum room capacities, and housekeeping (cleaning, disinfecting and decontamination).
Please go to The Family Partnership Job Board to apply through our online applicant tracking system.
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: For more than 140 years, The Family Partnership has built strong families, vital communities, and better futures for children. We fulfill our mission through counseling, education, and advocacy, primarily in the greater Minneapolis and St. Paul area.
We Believe: Families, no matter what their form, are the foundation of strong communities.
Our Purpose Is To: Clear the path for family success.
We Pursue This By:
- Championing the two-generation approach
- Preventing and overcoming adverse childhood experiences
- Demonstrating leadership in thought and action
- Building partnerships based on trust.
Diversity and open expression are fundamental to the work of The Family Partnership. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment where everyone can belong. Every member of our team enriches our work by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in our sector: individuals who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQI+ and gender fluid or gender nonconforming, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, people of any age or family status. We encourage you to apply even if you feel like you don't fit 100% of the technical requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, disability, marital status, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or a protected veteran’s status.
Our organization has a partnership with Metropolitan Alliance of Connected Communities (MACC) to provide administrative services including management of the recruiting process. If you apply for this position, you may see references to MACC in some online materials.
The Family Partnership participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. See E-Verify’s official poster at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf.