People’s Center, with assistance from Springboard for the Arts, invites local artists who live, work or are connected to the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood and/or People’s Center to create virtual and physically distanced activities that spread joy, relief, solidarity, information and wellness. Activities could be online or in public space – from virtual fitness or drawing classes, to joyful messages decorating storefront windows and sidewalks, to live music to be enjoyed from open windows. Local artists will have the opportunity to showcase their talents, shine light in the community, and earn a modest stipend in a time of financial instability. This is a modest stipend and we value your time and talent so please think of projects that you can reasonably do with the time and money available.
Grant amount: Each eligible artist my request $250 or a team of artists may request $500.
• You consider yourself an artist, creative storyteller, crafter, healer, musician, etc.
• You live, work or are otherwise connected to the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood or the People’s Center. Connections could include growing up in the area, receiving medical care at the People’s Center, family or cultural connections to the neighborhood, and more.
• Be able to complete your activity within 60 days of approval.
• Eligible artists may only submit one activity application Project Requirements:
• Must take place either online or abide by social distancing guidelines.
• Activities must take place online or in the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood.
• If activities are in public or private space:
1) they meets social distancing guidelines and
2) you have permission/agreement to use that space/those spaces.
• Activities must be completed within 60 days of approval.
• Any activities must be free for participants
Projects will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
• How does the activity meet the goal of spreading joy, solidarity, information or wellness.
• If the project is not online is it doable following social distancing guidelines.
• Do the people involved have the capacity and ability to complete this activity.
Applications will be reviewed and approved on a rolling basis.
• Artists will be notified of approval within two weeks of submission.
• Once approved artists will be given a contract.
• Payment will be received within two weeks of signing the contract.
• Artists will have 60 days from approval to complete the activity.