OUR TEAM Interfaith
Outreach is looking for a full time Accounts
Payable & Payroll Clerk to processes all accounts payable transactions
and employee payroll. This position helps ensure our client needs are met and
is vital to keeping the finance team running smoothly--come join us!
- Hybrid work schedule
- Compensation starts at $22 - $24.20/hour
- Life Insurance
- Nine paid holidays
- Generous PTO (starting at 21 days annually)
- Four weeks of paid leave for employees eligible for parental or medical leave
ABOUT US Interfaith Outreach is a human service nonprofit that strengthens our community by meeting basic needs and equipping families for ongoing stability. Our mission is to build a vibrant community where everyone counts and all sectors and systems work together for the good of all. We embrace diversity and are committed to promoting an inclusive environment across all types of difference. Inclusionary relationships are core to our role as an employer, service provider, partner and community leader. Learn more here: https://iocp.org/about-community-outreach/our-vision/
Our work environment is client centered, values driven, team oriented, fast paced, diverse, and focused on learning and professional development. We have a strong internal culture of collaboration and team support, and a deep commitment across staff to mission. Our team also has fun together! We connect with each other through team lunches, retreats, and organization-wide activities.
- Process all A/P transactions, including client assists and employee reimbursement.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation, expense coding and department manager approval prior to payment.
- Process invoices for payment to ensure bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to department procedures.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks, and distribute checks accordingly.
- Follow established internal control procedures.
- Input necessary information into the banking system.
- Reconcile client assists to client database.
- Review and reconcile vendor statements for past due invoices and work with vendors and staff to keep accounts current.
- Initiate and own solutions to issues and discrepancies associated with the processing of invoices and payments in a timely manner by working with vendors and staff to resolve.
- Receive, research and resolve internal and external inquiries concerning vendor account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Maintain responsive and cooperative relationships with vendors regarding accounts payable matters.
- Respond to fiscal year-end audit requests related to accounts payable during annual audit process by compiling information and preparing support.
- Maintain 1099 data; Generate and distribute 1099s to vendors and the IRS.
- Prepare prior year accounts payable records for transfer to long-term storage.
- Administer credit card programs, including administration, maintenance, security and payments
- Prepare payroll accurately and timely, including entry of payroll information, and troubleshoot issues.
- Prepare and process payroll and benefit labor distribution calculation for general ledger posting.
- Manage the Time & Attendance system and train new employees on PTO/timesheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
SCHEDULE This position is hybrid with a majority of time working in our offices and a portion of the time working remotely. Regular hours will be during our business hours Monday-Friday.
- Must have high school degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, accounting, problem-solving and organizational skills required.
- Must have exceptional Microsoft Excel skills plus other advanced computer and database skills, experience with Financial Edge a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce and analyze financial data for accuracy and to support fact based decision making.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple deadlines.
- Nonprofit experience is a plus!
- A commitment to advocating for people living in poverty.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates are considered as submissions arrive. Position is open until filled.
Interfaith Outreach values a diverse work environment.
People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interfaith Outreach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.